About The Covenant School:
- In Charlottesville, Virginia, The Covenant School was founded thirty years ago
- The lower school is housed in a 65,000-square foot historic brick building built in 1935
- With a noticeably outdated boiler system, The Covenant School had been in need of a new heating system
- Selecting an HVAC system that provided reliable operation and increased control over comfort.
- 60-day installation over the summer while students were away and to ensure that the system would be completely functional at the beginning of the school year.
- Due to the building’s age, a proposed system has to be able to handle certain construction constraints
- Installation of a Mitsubishi Electric VRF system
- Installed 49 indoor units, three sets of twinned outdoor units, two sets on the roof serving 40 indoor units, and one set on the ground serving nine units
- Year-round comfort, discreet operation, and drastically improved indoor air quality
- VRF system is additionally beneficial in the wintertime, keeping those who occupy the building comfortable
- Roughly a 40 percent in electrical consumption during post removal of window-mounted air conditioning units